Chicken, Spice Rub-1
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each |
|4.2 oz||N/A||1 |
|6.7 oz||N/A||1 |
|Recipe Total Yield |
|30.19 lb |
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups) |
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each |
|Chicken, 8-Cut Cooked ||thaw, see method||30 lb||30 lb|| |
|Spice Rub||13.6 oz||1 pt, 1 C|| |
- Defrost chicken under refrigeration for 2 days prior to cooking.
- Sort all chicken by parts.
- Place in mixing vessel one type of part at a time, using gloved hands toss chicken with spice rub to coat evenly
- Place in parchment-lined 2.5-inch hotel pans to cook.
- Pieces per hotel pan:
Wings - 20
Legs - 24
Thighs - 15
Breasts - 12
- Cook only same type of pieces together for even cooking.
- Cover pan tightly with parchment and foil and place in a preheated oven.
- Roast chicken in a 350 degree oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees (45-60 minutes).
- Using an instant read thermometer, test more than one piece per tray.
- Hold hot for service according to HACCP SOP.
- Elementary serving = 1/2 breast or 1 thigh or 1 leg and 1 wing or 2 wings
Secondary serving = 1 breast or 1 leg and 1 thigh or 1 leg and 2 wings
|2.5" Hotel Pan |