|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each |
|4.2 oz||N/A||1 |
|6.7 oz||N/A||1 |
|Recipe Total Yield |
|30.19 lb |
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups) |
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each |
|Chicken, 8-Cut Raw||thaw, see method||40 lb||40 lb|| |
|Yogurt, Low Fat Plain||6 lb||6 lb||3 qt|| |
|Lime Juice, Fresh||1 C||1 C|| |
|Lemon Juice, Fresh||1 C||1 C|| |
|Ginger, Fresh||peel grated||1.5 oz||1.5 oz||3 Tbsp|| |
|Coriander, Ground||1.2 oz||1.2 oz||5 Tbsp, 0.84 tsp|| |
|Cumin, Ground||1.2 oz||1.2 oz||5 Tbsp, 0.84 tsp|| |
|Anise, Ground ||0.75 oz||0.75 oz||3 Tbsp|| |
|Cayenne, Dry Ground||0.3 oz||0.3 oz||2 Tbsp|| |
|Garlic, Fresh||1.54 oz||1.3 oz||5 Tbsp, 0.84 tsp|| |
|Vegetable Oil||8 Tbsp||8 Tbsp|| |
- Defrost chicken under refrigeration for 2 days prior to cooking.
- Sort all chicken by parts.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keeping parts separate, marinate the chicken in the yogurt mixture for 24 hours under refrigeration.
- Place each part type (example all legs) in one layer on parchment lined full sheet pans to ensure even cooking.
- Pieces per sheetpan:
Wings - 42
Legs - 40
Thighs - 24
Breasts - 20
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken in a 350 degree oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees (45-60 minutes).
- Using an instant read thermometer, test more than one piece per tray.
- Transfer to a 2 or 4 inch hotel pan. If cooking for next day service cool according to HACCP SOP.
- Pieces per 2 inch hotel pan (for service and reheat)
Wings - 20
Legs - 24
Thighs - 15
Breasts - 12
- Otherwise, hold hot for service according to HACCP SOP.
- Reheat chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, testing more than one piece per tray.
- Elementary serving = 1/2 breast or 1 thigh or 1 leg and 1 wing or 2 wings
Secondary serving = 1 breast or 1 leg and 1 thigh or 1 leg and 2 wings
|2.5" Hotel Pan |