Quesadilla, Pinto and Cheese
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each|
|Recipe Total Yield|
|Volume||2 gal, 1.75 qt|
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups)|
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each|
|Beans, Pinto Canned||cooked or canned, drained||4.25 lb||2 qt, 1.5 pt|
|Cheese, Cheddar Shredded||9.38 lb||9.38 lb|
|Salsa, Tomato||fresh or canned||2 gal|
|Cumin, Ground||5.36 oz||10 Tbsp, 2.16 tsp|
|Tortilla, Flour Whole Grain 10 inch||75 TORT (10"/2.5 OZ)||75|
- Drain beans. AP can 6#15oz will yield EP 4#4oz (61% yield). Do not rinse.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl or hobart mixer with paddle attachment and mix well.
- Using a #8 disher, scoop 4.75 oz portions onto sheet pans (24/sheet pan). Check volume of 4.75 oz portion on a scale first.
- Dip disher into water between scoops to ensure proper portioning.
- As each sheet pan is filled, cover and store under refrigeration.
- When ready to fill tortillas, place one scoop of filling onto one half of a tortilla.
- Evenly spread the filling over the half to 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Fold tortilla over and press to seal.
- Place quesadillas on parchment-lined sheet pans, 12 per tray with edges slightly overlapping.
- Heat in a 350 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 165. (Do not heat until ready to serve, could be about 6 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes to allow cheese to set.
- Cut in half with a pizza cutter before serving, a serving is two pieces.
|Type of Pans Needed:||2" Hotel Pan|
|Number of Pans Needed:||6.3|
|Items Per Pan:||12|
|Elementary Portions Per Pan:||12|
|Secondary Portions Per Pan:||12|
|Elementary Serving Utensil:||tongs|
|Secondary Serving Utensil:||tongs|