Rice, Brown Uncle Bens (Absorption Method)
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each|
|Elementary||2.5 oz||Elementary||8 Tbsp||Elementary||N/A|
|Secondary||2.5 oz||Secondary||8 Tbsp||Secondary||N/A|
|Recipe Total Yield|
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups)|
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each|
|Rice, Brown Uncle Ben's Converted||10 lb||10 lb||1 gal, 1 qt|
|WATER||2 gal, 2 qt|
- Divide rice among 4-inch hotel pans - 5# rice (2.5 qts) per pan.
- Add measured amount of boiling water (5 qts per pan)
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Let rest, covered, for 10 minutes before serving or cooling.
- Rice is best cooked for day of service.
- If cooking for a different recipe or day, cool rice on sheet pans and store in walk-in.
- When cool, transfer hotel pans and cover.
- For service, reheat to 165 degrees in a steamer or covered, in a 350F oven.
|Type of Pans Needed:||2" Hotel Pan|
|Number of Pans Needed:||1|
|Weight Per Pan:||25 lb|
|Elementary Portions Per Pan:||160|
|Secondary Portions Per Pan:||160|
|Elementary Serving Utensil:||4 oz. spoodle|
|Secondary Serving Utensil:||4 oz. spoodle|
|Elementary Cost per Serving:||$0.07|
|Secondary Cost per Serving:||$0.07|