Sauce, Garlic for Pasta
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each|
|Recipe Total Yield|
|Volume||1 gal, 2 qt|
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups)|
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each|
|Soup Base, Chicken||0.38 EACH (16 OZ)||3.8 oz||12 Tbsp|
|WATER||3 Tbsp||12 lb||1 gal, 2 qt|
|Garlic, Fresh||1.75 lb||1.63 lb||1 pt, 1.5 C|
|Vegetable Oil||1 pt, 1.28 Tbsp||1 lb||1 pt|
|Bay Leaf||0.02 oz||0.02 oz||3|
|Celery||Sliced||2.9 BUNCH(32 OZ)||2 lb||1 pt, 1.5 C|
|Onion, Yellow||Small, Diced||2.2 lb||2 lb||1 pt, 1.5 C|
|Oregano, Dried||0.06 oz||0.06 oz||2 tsp|
|Parsley, Dried||0.03 oz||0.03 oz||2 tsp|
|Basil, Dried||0.12 oz||0.12 oz||2 tsp|
|Salt, Kosher||0.5 oz||0.5 oz|
|Black Pepper, Ground||0.5 oz||0.5 oz|
|Chicken, Diced Cooked||Defrosted under refrigeration||18.8 lb||18.8 lb||2 gal, 1.38 qt|
- Combine water and base according to base directions. Set aside.
- Place the garlic cloves in roasting pans. Using some vegetable oil and stock, cover the garlic with half-oil/half-stock.
- Add the roasted garlic puree to the onion, celery, spice mix and blend well.
- Cool sauce according to HACCP.
- Add cold chicken to cold sauce for later use.
- Place, covered with foil, in a 350F degree oven and cook until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining stock in a steam kettle or large vessel. Add the bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- To boiling stick, add cornstarch mixed with cold water to thickness of heavy cream while whisking.
- Cook until tender. Turn off the heat and add the vegetables to the vegetable stick.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet. Saute onions and celery until they begin to soften. Add oregano, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Puree the roasted garlic and its cooking liquid in buckets with a vertical blender.