Sauce, Veggie Packed Marinara
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each |
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups) |
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each |
|Vegetable Oil||1 pt||1 pt|| |
|Onion, Yellow||Small diced||1.63 lb||1.31 lb||1 qt, 1 pt|| |
|Carrot, Whole||Small diced||1.38 lb||1.31 lb||1 qt, 1 pt|| |
|Celery||Small diced||2 lb||1.38 lb||1 qt, 1.25 pt|| |
|Zucchini||Small diced||2.63 lb||2.5 lb||3 qt, 4 Tbsp|| |
|Garlic, Fresh||Whole cloves, minced||9.08 oz||8 oz||1 pt|| |
|Tomato Sauce||19.31 lb||19.31 lb||2 gal, 1 qt|| |
|Tomatoes, Diced Canned ||9.6 lb||12.75 lb||1 gal, 1 pt|| |
|Tomato Paste||1.5 lb||1.5 lb||1 pt, 3.2 Tbsp|| |
|Basil, Dried||0.17 oz||0.17 oz||2 Tbsp|| |
|Oregano, Dried||0.1 oz||0.1 oz||1 Tbsp|| |
|Bay Leaf||0.68 oz||2 |
|Thyme, Dried||0.1 oz||0.1 oz||1 Tbsp|| |
|Salt, Kosher||2 oz||2 oz||3 Tbsp, 1 tsp|| |
|Black Pepper, Ground||0.25 oz||0.25 oz||1 Tbsp|| |
- Use the small dice attachment of the food processor to cut the vegetables.
- In a steam kettle or tilt skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrot and saute until onions are translucent and vegetables have softened.
- Add the zucchini and garlic and saute until cooked through, taking care not to burn.
- Add all tomato product, herbs and spices.
- Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often to prevent burning. Scrape down sides of the cooking vessel.
- Cook for 1.5 hours (time will vary depending on altitude) or until flavors have blended and tomato product has sweetened.
- Turn off heat and puree sauce with an immersion blender.
- Cool according to HACCP SOP.