Stir Fry, Chicken and Vegetable
|Serving Sizes by Weight||Serving Sizes by Volume||Serving Each |
|4 oz||12 Tbsp||N/A |
|6 oz||1 C||N/A |
|Recipe Total Yield |
|8 gal |
|48.5 lb |
|Analysis||Meat / Meat Alternate (oz)||Grains / Breads (Servings)||Vegetables / Fruits (Cups) |
|Ingredients||Instruction||As Purchased||Prepped by Weight||Prepped by Volume||Prepped Each |
|Chicken, Diced Cooked ||25 lb||25 lb||5 gal, 2 qt|| |
|Sauce, Teriyaki Glaze||1 pt, 1 C||4.63 lb||1 qt, 1.5 pt|| |
|Soup Base, Chicken||1 oz||1 oz||1 Tbsp, 1 tsp|| |
|WATER||2.5 lb||1 qt, 1 C|| |
|Vegetable Oil||12 Tbsp||6 oz||12 Tbsp|| |
|Sesame Oil||12 Tbsp||6 oz||12 Tbsp|| |
|Garlic, Fresh||chopped||4.54 oz||4 oz||12 Tbsp|| |
|Ginger, Fresh||peeled, chopped||8 oz||8 oz||1 pt, 8 Tbsp|| |
|Carrot, Whole||1/8 inch slices||7 lb||6.31 lb||1 gal, 2 qt|| |
|Broccoli||florets||6 lb||5 lb||2 gal, 2 qt|| |
|Pepper, Red||Seeded Sliced||6 lb||4.19 lb||1 gal, 2 qt|| |
|Onion, Yellow||peeled, sliced||5 lb||4.5 lb||1 gal, 3 qt|| |
- The following instructions call for batch cooking in 4 pound batches. This can be adjusted based on the size of the cooking vessel available.
- Thaw chicken under refrigeration for 2 days before using.
- Marinate chicken in 2/3 of the teriyaki marinade overnight.
- Whisk chicken base into water.
- Combine the oils.
- Combine the ginger and garlic.
- Combine Carrots, broccoli, peppers, and onions.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil mixture over high heat.
- Stirfry the vegetables in 4 lb batches until crisp/tender (do not overcook or vegetables will be soggy after being held hot or reheated).
- Add 1/4 cup of ginger/garlic mixture towards the end of cooking and continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Deglaze each batch with 1 cup chicken stock.
- Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and remove vegetables from heat. Keep warm.
- Repeat for remaining vegetables.
- Follow same stir frying directions above for the chicken.
- When all chicken has been cooked, combine with the vegetables and mix well.
- Transfer to 2 inch pans.
- If cooking for same day service, hold hot according to HACCP SOP.
- Otherwise, cool according to HACCP SOP.
- Reheat in a 350 degree oven to 165 degrees.
|2" Hotel Pan |
|12 lb |
|6 oz. Spoodle |
|8 oz. Spoodle |