Case Studies & Supporting Research
Case studies from the past two decades provide a depth of understanding about the impact of breakfast on children’s health, behavior, and learning. The following publications outline key findings that can support your efforts as you expand your school breakfast program.
- “Breakfast in the Classroom, A Case Study – Dallas Independent School District” (School Nutrition Association)
- “Exploratory Assessment of High School Breakfast Programs in Milwaukee Public Schools” (Congressional Hunger Center)
- “Breakfast for Learning” (Food Research and Action Center)
- “Healthy Breakfast 4 Kids Evaluation Report” (Healthy Breakfast 4 Kids)
- “School Breakfast: Making It Work in Large School Districts 2012-2013” (Food Research and Action Center)
- "School Breakfast: Makng It Work in Large School Districts 2015-2016" (Food Research and Action Center)
- “Start the School Day Ready to Learn with Breakfast in the Classroom - Principals Share What Works” (Food Research and Action Center)
- “The Benefits of Breakfast: Health & Academics” (Breakfast First)
- The Breakfast Effect video series (ChildObesity180)
- The Effects of Breakfast on Behavior and Academic Performance in Children and Adolescents (National Center for Biotechnology Information)
- Breakfast After the Bell: Virginia Schools (School Nutrition Association of Virginia)
Register to Download The Lunch Box Tools
Please help us keep The Lunch Box tools and resources free for all users by registering here! It will help us demonstrate to our supporters how this site is used in school food work.