Cooking of meat:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat hotel pan with pan spray and place meat in pan (or saute in pan or stove). Break apart with a bench scrape or metal spatula. Must reach 155 degrees F for 15 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. If using another day, cool properly (down to 70 degrees F in 2 hours, down to 40 degrees F or below in 4 hours).
Preparing of Red Sauce:
4. In a large stockpot, over med-low flame, heat oil (first ingredient amount) and saute onions until soft.
5. Add garlic, diced bell peppers, and red pepper flake. Cook until soft.
6. Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
7. Add tomato sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt (first ingredient amount), and black pepper (first ingredient amount).
8. Bring all to a simmer and reduce while stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
9. Blend thoroughly with an immersion blender. Sauce will be thin. If not, add some water to thin out, may require 1 cup per 96 servings.
10. If using another day, properly cool sauce (down to 70 degrees F in 2 hours, down to 40 degrees F or below in 4 hours).
Preparing cheese filling:
11. Set aside cheese for topping: 1.5 cups of mozzarella mixed with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese per 96 servings.
12. In a container, combine rest of the cheese (cottage cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella) and parsley, granulated garlic, and black pepper (second ingredient amount).
13. If using another day, store covered, labeled and dated in walk-in.
1. Clean and prepare vegetables.
2. Heat oil (second ingredient amount) in saute pan.
3. Saute mushrooms until browned and all moisture has been cooked out.
4. Add zucchini and saute until slightly browned.
5. Add broccoli florettes and salt (second ingredient amount) and saute for 2 minutes more. Cool.
This is per pan, bottom to top. 4 pans per 96 servings (12.36 lbs. per pan).
Make sure noodles are completely covered with sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat your hotel pans with pan spray.
Layer 1 1 cup red sauce, thin layer spread across pan
Layer 2 7 noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between)
Layer 3 3 1/4 cups cheese mixture
Layer 4 cooked ground beef (about 2 cups)
Layer5 the cooled vegetable mixture
Layer 6 3 cups red sauce spread evenly
Layer 7 7 Noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between)
Layer 8 3 1/4 cups cheese mixture
Layer 9 7 Noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between)
Layer 10 2 cups red sauce spread evenly
Layer 11 2 cups cheese topping mixture (Mozzarella and Parmesan)
2. Cover hotel pans with greased parchment paper and then aluminum foil
3. Bake until lasagna reaches 165 degrees F for 15 seconds, about 45 minutes, longer if cold
4. Uncover and finish in the oven until cheese is browned. About 5 minutes
5. Let rest 10 minutes
6. Cut into 4x6 for 24 servings per pan. Hot hold until service.