Cooking of meat:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat hotel pan with pan spray and place meat in pan (or saute in pan or stove). Break apart with a bench scrape or metal spatula. Must reach 155 degrees F for 15 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. If using another day, cool properly (down to 70 degrees F in 2 hours, down to 40 degrees F or below in 4 hours).
Preparing of Red Sauce:
4. In a large stockpot, over med-low flame, heat oil and saute onions until soft.
5. Add garlic, diced bell peppers, and red pepper flake. Cook until soft.
6. Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
7. Add tomato sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
8. Bring all to a simmer and reduce while stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
9. Blend thoroughly with an immersion blender. Sauce will be thin. If not, add some water to thin out, may require 1 cup per 96 servings.
10. If using another day, properly cool sauce (down to 70 degrees F in 2 hours, down to 40 degrees F or below in 4 hours).
Preparing cheese filling:
11. Set aside cheese for topping: 1.5 cups of mozzarella mixed with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese per 96 servings.
12. In a container, combine rest of the cheese (cottage cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella).
13. If using another day, store covered, labeled and dated in walk-in.
1. Saute all vegetables with 2 tbsp oil and 2 tsp salt per 96 servings just until al dente, approximately 5-7 minutes.
This is per pan, bottom to top. 4 pans per 96 servings (12.36 lbs. per pan).
Make sure noodles are completely covered with sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat your hotel pans with pan spray.
Layer 1: 1 cup red sauce, thin layer spread across pan.
Layer 2: 7 noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between).
Layer 3: 3 1/4 cup cheese mixture.
Layer 4: Cooked ground beef (about 2 cups).
Layer 5: 3 cups red sauce spread evenly.
Layer 6: 7 noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between).
Layer 7: 3 1/4 cups cheese mixture.
Layer 8: 7 noodles (press into sauce, leave space in between).
Layer 9: 2 cups red sauce spread evenly.
Layer 10: 2 cups cheese topping mixture (mozzarella and parmesan)
2. Cover hotel pans with greased parchment paper and then aluminum foil.
3. Bake until lasagna reaches 165 degrees F for 15 seconds, about 45 minutes, longer if cold.
4. Uncover and finish in the oven until cheese is browned. About 5 minutes.
5. Let rest 10 minutes.
6. Cut into 4x6 for 24 servings per pan. Hold until service.