Technical Tools - Financial Tools
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
Financial accountability in school food is imperative, especially for school districts committing to change their food to a healthier model. In order for a district to determine how to change their food model they must know where their finances are currently. Transparency is critical. The Lunch Box’s Financial Tools section provides calculators to examine a school or district’s financial climate and to create “what if” scenarios. The calculators can be exported so a district’s financial management team can continue to customize the workbooks for individual use. The following questions every district needs to answer will be addressed by The Lunch Box’s Financial Tools section:
- What are my expense areas?
- How are they a challenge or an asset toward school food reform?
- What are my school’s costs per meal now?
- What would the costs to my program be if change were implemented?
- How does working in a fresh food environment impact my bottom line?
- What resources does my district need to implement “baby steps” to overall system change?