Rainbow Day Resources
Take advantage of the following resources and documents when planning your own Rainbow Days. You can tailor them to meet your event specifications.
- Rainbow Days Guide (PDF): This downloadable copy includes all the information offered in the Rainbow Days section of the website.
- Rainbow Days Letter to Administration: You’ll want to get permission to host your event in the cafeteria during lunch. While you’re at it, ask for support in marketing your tastings to the school community.
- Rainbow Days Volunteer Outreach Letter: Distribute this letter through your PTA/PTO to enlist volunteers and to promote your event.
- Sample Volunteer Guide: This guide sets the standard for your school food program by outlining responsibilities and expectations for your volunteers.
- Rainbow Days Event Flyer: Add your event information to this printable flyer and hang it throughout your school and cafeteria leading up to the event.
- Rainbow Days Ingredients List: Use this list to help plan a colorful variety of fruits and veggies for kids to choose from when making their "rainbows" at the salad bar. Includes Spanish translation.
- I Made a Rainbow Sticker: Have stickers created using this "I Made a Rainbow" design. Give stickers to students as a reward for eating their full salad.
Register to Download The Lunch Box Tools
Please help us keep The Lunch Box tools and resources free for all users by registering here! It will help us demonstrate to our supporters how this site is used in school food work.