Wash and shred carrots and cabbage. Wash and trim broccoli into small florets.
For the sauce:
1. In a stockpot, add oil and heat on medium high heat. Add fresh garlic and ginger. Saute until soft and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add soy sauce and sriracha. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Properly cool the sauce (down to 70 degrees F in 2 hours and down to below 41 degrees F in 4 hours)
For the vegetables and eggs:
5. Steam vegetables until just barely cooked (still slightly crunchy).
6. In a separate pan, scramble eggs and set aside.
For the lo mein noodles:
7. Steam or boil pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain (do not rinse) and divide into hotel pans, and toss with sesame oil to keep from sticking.
Compine all ingredients: pasta, sesame oil, sauce, vegetables, and scrambled eggs.
Portion 9.75 lbs. of pasta mixture per pan. There are 25 servings per pan, 4 pans per 100 servings.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Reheat lo mein for 15-20 minutes until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
Vegetable substitutions: onions, snap peas, sliced mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, celery, etc.
Notes: vegetables can be cooked in steamer, blanched on stove top, or stir-fried in tilt (with vegetable oil). If tilt is available, cook all vegetables, then add raw eggs, then noodles, and combine all. May need to add water if held for more than an hour.